Are you an enthusiastic and reliable accounts person with a keen eye for detail and an organised and methodical nature? Are you a genuine team player that has a flexible, yet professional approach to work? If so, come and work for our fantastic client, a manufacturing business local to Oldham!
This position is to carry out the general accounts and deal with the day to day paperwork that a busy manufacturing business requires. It covers most aspects of general accounts from sales and purchase ledger, right through to credit control and reconciliation. We are looking for someone who loves numbers, is happy doing this role without promotion but still wants to learn and be developed and someone who is qualified by experience. This is a really busy role and you would be typically be processing 600/1000 purchase invoices per month. In saying this, it is still a varied role as it’s a small company so you’ll be doing end to end accounts.
We need sound general accounts experience, knowledge of sage 200 software, a personable, friendly nature and the ability to take on new information in order to gain a good understanding of our client’s industry/business.
Main duties to include:
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Credit control
- Supplier payments
- Organising credit limits
- General admin
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ad hoc duties as required
We are looking for:
- Experience in a similar general accounts role (ideally for a manufacturing/industrial business)
- Knowledge of Sage accounts software
- Highly organised and methodical
- Flexible approach to work
- Team player and friendly
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Happy to remain in an accounts assistant role
In return you can expect:
- Salary: £21k-£25k (dependant on experience)
- Hours: 8.30-5.30pm with an early finish on Fridays
- Holidays: 28 days including stats (rising to 33 days after length of service)
- Company pension, work social events, free parking etc.
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSAA2770 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.