An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Architectural Technician to join our client’s busy design team to produce drawing packs on a fixed term temp contract for minimum 3 months (may be extended) Our client is a leader in their industry designing and refurbishing offices for blue chip companies. This is an excellent opportunity to get your proverbial ‘foot in the door’ with a recognised leader in their industry.
If you have been working in a similar role and have experience as an architectural technician (as this is a fast paced role and you will be expected to hit the ground running), then this would be ideal. Experience with office interiors and structural fit outs would be advantageous.
You will need to be good with AutoCAD for this role.
As an experienced Architectural Technician our client is looking for you to be able to create comprehensive building control drawings with reference to relevant British Standards and associated specifications and regulations. We are looking for a “can do” attitude and a strong background in commercial rather than residential, along with experience with onsite visits.
Ultimately your role is to produce high quality technical drawings and to support site delivery teams on all construction projects.
Duties will be:
- Create drawing packs which will include ceilings, walls, flooring, doors etc
- Create comprehensive building control drawings with reference to relevant British Standards and associated specifications and regulations
- Read architectural drawing, briefs and surveys
- Undertake site measured surveys
- Communicate across different relevant departments to ensure the smooth running of the whole process
- Keep all administration up to date
- Manage own work loads and meet tight deadlines
What we are looking for is:
- Knowledge of interiors and structural fit out
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and be able to produce technical drawings
- Experience as architectural technician
- Ability to create comprehensive building control drawings and on site surveys
- Some job running experience would be beneficial
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawing, briefs and surveys
- Self-motivated : manage own work load
- Team player : must be willing to assist with other designs when needed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and adobe creative packages
- “Can do” attitude
In return you can expect:
- Hourly rate circa £15 per hour (fixed term contract for 3 months)
- Free Parking
- Hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Stunning office environment
If you feel you have the skill set and experience to match what our client is looking for then call 0161 359 3111 and ask for Kelly Gilmartin or send a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSAT9022 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE OR SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.