Our Wigan/Warrington based client, a finance provider, is looking to add an experienced Credit Controller to its successful and well established team due to internal promotion. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit, the role requires a highly organised and methodical person that has excellent customer interaction skills and enjoys working in the finance industry. Ideally you will already have proven credit control experience.
As a Credit Controller you would be responsible for recovering unpaid rentals/debts to the business and updating all live accounts. The role can be fast paced so you would need to be able and used to working to speed and relevant targets. The ability to be both assertive and tactful in your approach is paramount. Knowledge of Direct Debit payments and processes is highly advantageous.
A strong background in Credit Control is needed and you must have a great eye for detail. Good communication and IT skills and the ability to build and maintain good relationships will also be vital in this role.
Experience within the Contract Hire, Car Dealership or the Brokerage market is ideal but ultimately we are looking for someone with a strong, demonstrable background in credit control.
Main duties to include:
- Contacting customers when payments are overdue, and has regular contact with customers in arrears by phone, email or fax
- Ensure debt exposure is kept to a minimum
- Processing, BACS, Cheque and Card Payments
- Setting up new agreements
- Maintaining customer arrears in line with expectations
- Creating and submitting Direct Debit Collection files
- Process adjustments and charges to customers account in line with the terms and conditions of the agreement
- Run Daily/Weekly reports on arrears and suspended agreements
- Complete and submit files to Insurance Provider
- Deal with reassignments and re-negotiating payment plans for customers in financial difficulty
We are looking for:
- Previous experience within a credit control role
- Highly organised and methodical in your approach
- Ability to negotiate
- Experience within the finance/leasing arena would be ideal
- Knowledge of Direct Debit processing and regulations would be ideal but not essential
In return you can expect:
- Salary: Circa £20k (flexible dependant on experience)
- Company bonus
- 24 to 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Private Medical and Health Cash Plan
- Free parking
If you are interested in this position please contact Michelle Doughty on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSCC2792 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.