Our client, based in Manchester is a leader in their industry and is currently looking to add to its Design & Build team in the form of an experienced Architectural Technician.
This is a technical role where you will be creating full construction packs, elevations and layouts. You will be liaising with current clients to keep their records up to date to maximise opportunities with them. This role requires someone who has a strong technical ability using AutoCAD who can represent the company in a professional way and must be knowledgeable of the industry.
Ideally you will be working in a similar role as an architectural technician as this is a fast paced role and you will be expected to hit the ground running. If you have experience with office interiors and structural fit outs than this will be advantageous as the role can be quite fast paced.
You will need to be proficient in AutoCAD and be able to create comprehensive building control drawings with reference to relevant British Standards and associated specifications and regulations. Our client is looking for a ‘can do’ attitude as well as a strong background in commercial rather than residential. Experience with onsite visits is also needed as this will not be just a desk role.
Duties will be:
- Create drawing packs which will include ceilings, walls, flooring, doors etc
- Create comprehensive building control drawings with reference to relevant British Standards and associated specifications and regulations
- Read architectural drawing, briefs and surveys
- Undertake site measured surveys
- Communicate across different relevant departments to ensure the smooth running of the whole process
- Keep all administration up to date
- Manage own work loads and meet tight deadlines
What we are looking for is:
- Knowledge of interiors and structural fit out
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and be able to produce technical drawings
- Experience as an architectural technician
- Ability to create comprehensive building control drawings and on site surveys
- Some job running experience would be beneficial
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Read and understand architectural drawing, briefs and surveys
- Self-motivated : manage own work load
- Team player : must be willing to assist with other designs when needed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and adobe creative packages
- ‘Can do’ attitude
Salary is negotiable and flexible dependant on experience
If you are interested in this position please contact Michelle Doughty on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and currently salary, quoting reference number: SSAT2782 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED