IMMEDIATE START Our Trafford based client works within the building trade and is looking to hire a professional and friendly Inside Sales person to join their sales team.
You’d be working in a busy and lively environment doing about 50% account management and 50% new business so a very nice mix of activities for someone without too much emphasis on horrid cold calling!
It’s a varied role and you are given some freedom to really make it your own. It would be your job to make and receive calls to generate sales and promote the company’s product in an effective and engaging way. We are really looking for someone who is natural at building relationships and creative enough to find opportunities and ways to sell the company’s products to your prospective clients. Bringing a little fun into the environment whilst still remaining professional is what we are really looking for. Being organised is another key requirement as you will need to maintain the database and ensure that you don’t miss out on any potential business.
Some kind of previous sales experience is needed unless you can demonstrate your communication skills, ability to build rapport over the phone and enthusiasm to join a sales environment! For this role you really need to have an outgoing, enthusiastic, friendly and persistent nature, without being forceful. We need you to be happy in a sales-oriented role and feel comfortable asking for business along with a genuine desire to achieve team results.
Main duties to include:
- 50% account management/50% new business
- Making and taking calls from and to customers and potential customers
- Research : use database, website and other methods to look into companies and identify a relevant conversation point
- Build rapport and relationships with both new and existing companies
- Maintain the database to keep an eye on upcoming potential sales and conversations
- Keep an eye on progress of projects where products are specified so that you can talk to potential customers about your products and increase chances of generating a sale
- Be creative by finding possible opportunities to sell the company’s products
- Communicate with architects, builder’s merchants and end users
- Offer well-thought-out solutions
We are looking for:
- Sales experience or a genuine desire to work in a decent sales environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Persistence and assertive but not pushy
- A love of achieving results
- Listening and questioning skills
- Organised, focused and enthusiastic
- Ability to naturally build relationships quickly
- Good typing skills and IT knowledge
- Willing to improve your knowledge and skills via coaching and training
- Knowledge of the building industry would be great but it is not essential
In return you can expect:
- Salary: £18k-£20k
- Profit related pay
- 21 days holiday rising to max of 28 days + Statutory holidays
- Option to purchase upto another 10 days holiday
- Pension (6% ER, 3% EE after 12 months)
- Free parking
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: KGIS2758 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.