Don’t want to work in the City Centre but love the hustle and bustle of being a legal secretary? Then this role might be just the ticket.
Our client is based on the outskirts of Manchester City Centre, local to Stretford and is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join their small team. You would be working directly for one fee earner (who deals with mostly personal injury matters) although there may also be a requirement to help out other members of staff as and when needed.
Main duties to include:
- Typing as and when required (digital dictation)
- Answering and dealing with calls where able as well as taking and passing on messages
- Meeting/greeting clients
- Opening and closing of files and keeping a record of the same (including scanning into electronic software)
- Keep on top of the archiving of all old documentation including bills, bank transfers etc
- Daily filing/photocopying tasks
- Prepare all mail for posting including ensuring correct postage is on each and take to the post office
- Provide support to other fee earners as and when required
- Take archive boxes to off-site storage, pull out boxes over 6 years old that can be destroyed (keep a note) and check through the same pulling out ALL wills files that need to be brought back to the office to be stored separately
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so
We are looking for:
- Experience within a law firm is essential, however, not necessarily as a legal secretary, just need to be familiar with legal terminology
- Fairly quick typing speed (around 60 wpm or over)
- Ability to think on feet and show initiative
- Happy to deal with clients on the phone and face to face
- Professional telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Personable, friendly and professional
- Someone who would prefer not to work in the City
In return you can expect:
- circa £18k
- 9-5 Monday to Friday
- 20 days + Bank Holidays, statutory pension
- Free parking
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSLS2779 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE OR SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.