Brilliant with Buying? Practiced at Procurement? Then this Procurement Assistant role will add up for you!
Our North Manchester based client is a Manufacturing company with an enviable reputation. They are looking to build their buying team and as such are looking to recruit a Procurement Assistant who will report to the Buyer.
The role is to ensure all materials are purchased on time, to correct specification and at the best prices. You would need to be able to negotiate with suppliers and be able to build long term relationships both internally and externally.
There is plenty of interaction with sales and production staff for forecasting purposes as well as suppliers, customers and senior management so both organisational and communication skills are business critical. We are looking for someone who can continually evaluate and support the procurement function with pace and accuracy.
This is role that requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, quick thinking, the ability to build relationships and experience within purchasing for manufacturing or industrial SME’s. Whilst this is a great role, we are looking for someone who is happy to remain in it for a good few years as there is limited progression opportunity unless the business grows significantly.
Main duties to include:
- Processing purchase orders and helping with procurement activities
- Setting up and maintaining stock and supplier records
- Grow contracts for goods and services and make sure they are obtained at the best price
- Sourcing new suppliers
- Negotiating prices
- Dealing with queries
- Chasing suppliers to ensure products are delivered on time
- Stock control
- Reacting to any changes in customer demand
- Follow up non-delivered supplier purchase orders and back orders
- Manage price change/information changes
- Manage supplier invoice/supply disputes
- Booking in deliveries
- Help with suppler and client audits
- Keep up to date with industry and legislative changes
We are looking for:
- Previous experience as a buying assistant/procurement co-ordinator
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enthusiasm, drive and teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident, outgoing and able to use own initiative
- If you have worked in manufacturing environments as a buyers assistant then this would be highly desirable
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and currently salary, quoting reference number: SSPA2772 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE OR SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.