Do you have an excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and project operations? Are you a first class organiser with excellent attention to detail and administration skills?
Our client is an expanding manufacturing company based in North Manchester and are looking for an experienced, commercially aware and enthusiastic Project Coordinator to join their well-established team. Playing an integral role in the smooth supply and running of the operation.
They want to employ the absolute best people for their business and in return will offer a challenging role, fantastic opportunities and job satisfaction. A competitive salary, company pension, company bonus, early finish on Fridays and Health schemes are all part of the package!
Reporting to the Projects Operations Manager, you will be required to provide administrative project support, relevant documentation and ensure that work is carried out within deadlines and budgets and that good procedures and processes are followed consistently.
This is a fast paced environment, with a constant need to multi task and so experience of; project planning and coordinating within manufacturing, an understanding of fabrication methods and material processing and good excel skills are all relevant. If you have experience working with or understanding technical drawings (AutoCAD) then this would be great but isn’t essential.
Experience in a similar position is needed along with broad shoulders and a sense of humour. This role wouldn’t suit shy, retiring type; you need to have plenty of confidence to be successful, with excellent communication and listening skills.
Main duties to include:
- Responsibility of all non-standard jobs coming in and making an assessment of materials and resources needed.
- Monitor project going through the Factory at all times, ensure stock and resources are in place for delivery of order on time.
- Interaction with Purchasing, Special Projects and the Production Manager for action
- Organise meetings with various departments when needed in order to gather information required for specific project
- Meet with clients or suppliers as required
- Highlight any issues which may need intervention to resolve and to keep all relevant parties up to date on any changes to order
- Update and manage projects budgets, ensuring all extra costs are logged and re-charged where necessary
- Liaise with Production, Transport, Quality , Design, regarding any special requirements, issues, improvements, delays etc
- Manage and coordinate any project related site surveys, off-site installations, or rectifications
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Sales and Design Team, Project Managers and Procurement
- Ensure all export jobs are double checked before despatch and ensure you are fully informed and up to speed on all installations, off site work and rectification jobs
- Ensure all work carried is in accordance with current H&S and ISO standards
We are looking for:
- Experience in project/production planning and coordination (ideally where MRP was not in place)
- Used to working in a fast paced environment with ability to multitask
- Good excel skills
- Articulate communicator and enquiring mind
- Understanding of technical drawings advantageous but not essential
- An understanding and knowledge of fabrication methods and material processing within a manufacturing environment
- A conscientious with a high level of quality control and attention to detail
- Organised and able to work well under pressure
In return you can expect:
- Circa £25k
- Free parking
- Company Pension (3% matched)
- Early finish Fridays
- 20 days holidays (rising to 25) + stats
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSPC2771 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
IS THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.