An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced REVIT Architectural Technician to join our client’s busy design team in either their Manchester or London offices. Our client is a leader in their industry designing and refurbishing offices for blue chip companies.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has been working in a similar role and has experience as an architectural technician (as this is a fast paced role and you will be expected to hit the ground running). Experience with office interiors and structural fit outs would be highly advantageous but otherwise, a background in construction as an architectural technician will suffice.
You will need to be highly experienced using Revit as there are limited skills in this area at the moment so your skills, experience and capabilities with it will be utilised to help others become more adept. As an experienced Architectural Technician our client is looking for you to be able to create comprehensive building control drawings with reference to relevant British Standards and associated specifications and regulations. We are looking for a ‘can do’ attitude and a strong background in commercial rather than residential, along with experience with onsite visits.
Ultimately your role is to produce high quality technical drawings and to support site delivery teams on all construction projects.
Duties would include:
- Production of technical drawings using Revit for nominated construction projects
- Liaison in the production of a detailed drawing release schedule with the delivery team : ensuring that the dates for drawing production are met throughout the project
- Early warning as required for any possible delays for drawing issue to the delivery team
- Close liaison with the construction and site managers to ensure that they have up to date current and valid drawing information
- Production of supporting drawings for client changes as required : ensuring that these are managed carefully
- Ensure formal sign off of drawings occurs for each and every construction issue
- Close liaison and regular communication with project designer to ensure ethos of design is met within technical drawings
- Maintain drawing register for each drawing issue
- Manage drawing issue to all relevant suppliers and subcontractors
- Understand fully the specifications and content of the agreed project and that the drawings produced reflect this fully
- Obtain all relevant information from wider team to allow drawing production to be completed : chase and escalate as required
- Review drawing output with the delivery team against current live Design Release Schedules : highlight areas of risk or delay
- Spend time on site on a regular basis : building relationships with the site managers, and improving construction knowledge
What we are looking for is:
- Highly proficient in the use of Revit and be able to produce technical drawings
- Knowledge of commercial interiors and structural fit out
- Experience as architectural technician
- Ability to create comprehensive building control drawings and on site surveys in a fast paced environment
- Some job running experience would be beneficial
- A keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated : manage own work load
- Team player : must be willing to assist with other designs when needed
- Good working knowledge of Revit Microsoft Office and Adobe creative packages
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Ability to spend a few days a week in London
In return you can expect:
- Circa £28-35k dependant on experience
- Quarterly bonus
- 20 days holiday + off between Xmas/New Year + Bank Holidays (extra days accrued for length of service)
- Free Parking
- Pension contribution
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Stunning office environment
If you feel you have the skill set and experience to match what our client is looking for then we’d like to see your portfolio detailing your Revit skills along with a copy of your CV and current salary, or call 0161 359 3111 and ask for Michelle or Sharon quoting reference number: SSAT2794 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR UP TO DATE NEWSFEED