Are you an ambitious Sales Account Manager with a well-rounded background in both face to face and over the phone client relationships? Are you excellent at looking after an existing client base? If so, our client would like to hear from you! They are a well-established, small family run SME production business based in Stockport and supply manufactured products internationally. Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales Account Manager to support their team and help develop new sectors.
The role is about managing an existing client base and ensuring the best service is both offered and maintained, to upsell and cross sell to these accounts where appropriate, generate new business opportunities, liaise with supplies and meet with clients.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience within a sales account manager position and be able to understand the intricacies of maintaining a profitable client and capitalising on all existing business opportunities within those client accounts.
The role will include a variety of account management tasks, some travelling in the UK and overseas, which will require someone with an open mind and a professional attitude at all times.
If you are looking to move from internal to external sales, have strong account management skills, want to work for a company that value both their clients and their staff, then this role could be right up your street.
Main duties to include:
- Managing in house and own customer accounts daily
- Upsell and cross sell to existing accounts
- Prospecting new markets and following up sales enquiries
- Liaising with customers (UK & Europe) and factories overseas (Europe & Asia)
- Working closely with the sales admin team to follow up processes from order to delivery
- Pre-press / post-press artwork liaison
- Meet potential clients face to face
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions
- Foreign travel may be involved a few times a year
We are looking for:
- Experience of working in sales account manager role
- Experience of business to business sales
- Ability to prioritise work load effectively
- Used to working ‘collaboratively’ with internal/external customers
- Organised and thorough
- Outgoing, welcoming and a personable nature
- Excellent telephone manner and keen interest in building business relationships
- Good IT skills and comfortable using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as databases
- Full driving licence
- Manufacturing, production or technical sales experience would be an advantage but not essential
In return you can expect:
- Salary: circa £25k (dependant on experience)
- Uncapped commission
- Annual bonus
- Company car (Golf or similar)
- Hours: 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Holidays: 20 days paid holiday (rising to 24 with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Free parking
If you are interested in this position please contact one of the team on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: 2925 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED