Based in Farnworth, Bolton, our client is a small but busy manufacturer. Due to their long standing Warehouse Supervisor moving down South, they are currently looking to recruit his replacement.
This is a small, family run company and as such, we are looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor who can come in with some fresh ideas, a flexible approach and hopefully help improve efficiencies.
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Manager, there is a team of five direct reports for you to supervise and distribute relevant work load to. Because this is a relatively small team, your ‘fit’ into the business is very important. The staff turnover is very low, the team work hard but enjoy what they do, get on well with each other and can see the lighter side of life whilst still achieving the desired daily outcome.
The hours are regular days with an early finish on Fridays, with the occasional overtime requirement. Experience within a warehouse supervisory role is essential as this is a hands on role that requires both the capacity to help on the shop floor as well as supervise staff and ensure the WMS is fully updated with goods in/out.
Main duties to include:
- General day to day running of warehouse
- Reporting to Warehouse Manager
- Stock taking – full twice a year and perpetual
- General Staff deployment
- Fork Lift Licence essential (Counterbalance)
- Run separate storage business within the building
- Knowledge of WMS essential (SAP Man)
- Booking deliveries/collections
- Maintaining ladder registers & fork lift truck maintenance
- Managing the picking and despatch of key customer orders
- Willing to do overtime when required
- Key holder
We are looking for:
- Recent experience as a Warehouse Supervisor
- FLT CB certificate
- Ability to use a WMS (SAP system)
- Flexible ‘all hands on deck’ approach
- Someone who is happy to ‘get stuck in’
- Excellent communication skills
In return you can expect:
- £10.50 per hour
- 39 hours per week (overtime available)
- 45am-4.45pm with a 12.45pm finish on Fridays
- Overtime available
- Mobile phone
- 20 days holidays, rising to 25 days with length of service + Bank Hols
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon Seville on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number SSWS2756 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE OR SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.