Are you a talented and experienced Senior Service Desk/3rd Line IT Engineer with a strong background in the MSP/IT support space?
Do you want to feel part of something, where you can grow and develop your skills in a forward thinking, modern company?
If so, take a look at this role. It’s the sort of job that doesn’t come about often and can really elevate your career aspirations.
The company are a small, well-established, full-service IT company based in Lancashire that has genuine ambitions to deliver a level of customer support and service that makes a positive difference to its clients. It’s been built on fantastic customer relationships from the start and due to continued growth, there is a great opening for a 3rd line support engineer to join this growing business.
The overall aim is to provide timely responses and solutions to customer issues through the ticketing system, and to help the growth plans of the business through delivery of a great service that makes customers glad they have the support.
Initially, the role will be based at the offices local to Wigan, but a driver is likely needed as there will be site visits for project work and scheduled on-site maintenance tasks. Overall, this is a role that can get you out from behind a desk from time to time and requires the flexibility to adapt to a range of tasks and responsibilities that are bound to keep you busy and engaged.
Main Duties include:
- Responding to and resolving customer issues through the ticketing system, phone and email, including complex and escalated tickets
- Providing support and knowledge transfer to Service Desk Engineers
- Handling complex customer issues with attention to detail and a high level of customer service/interaction
- Adhering to Service Level Agreements
- Monitoring and troubleshooting complex alerts to prevent downtime
- Configuring and troubleshooting switches, firewalls, and routers, including Cisco, Meraki, and Dell products
- Advanced troubleshooting of Windows Servers and endpoints, including Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Advanced Office 365 administration, including setup and troubleshooting
- Working with Hyper-v and advanced TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, and VPN troubleshooting
- Building strong relationships with customers
- Providing on-site support as needed, including delivering hardware and basic setup tasks
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve customer service and wow the customer
What we need from you:
- Good experience working in a service/help desk role
- Solid end- support experience within IT
- Experienced and qualified to demonstrate an understanding of Microsoft and Hyperv solutions
- Articulate, confident and able to talk/explain IT in simple terms to non IT people when needed
- A valid UK driving licence
- Excellent attention to detail and planning abilities
- Willingness to travel as needed
The role may require travel, flexibility in working hours (with paid overtime) and the ability to manage time and resources remotely when required.
What you get in return for your commitment and effort:
- £35k-£40k salary
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days hols + Bank Hols
- Birthday off
- A positive, team-oriented culture that values the contributions of its employees
- Flexible working arrangements and ongoing training to support employee well-being and development
- Personal and professional development opportunities through the company’s commitment to embracing technology and driving growth
- Career progression opportunities within a company with a strong track record of providing secure, fast, and reliable IT solutions to businesses of all sizes and sectors
- ESG Values and initiatives
- Team Building events
- Good working environment
- Stable company
This is a company that values strong customer relationships and is dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, so if you’re looking for an interesting, sometimes challenging, but always rewarding 3rd Line IT Engineer/Support role that has genuine carer potential, this is the one for you.
If this sounds like it’s been made for you and you want to apply, please e-mail your CV using the link and quote reference number: 459094.
Please note: F1rst Commercial Recruitment are advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of our clients (the end employer). We are solely providing a CV screening service for this role. Individual CV’s that meet the relevant screening criteria for the role will be submitted directly to the end employer in their entirety for review and relevant contact made directly by them. By applying for this vacancy you are agreeing for us to pass your details solely to this specific client. All other CV’s deemed unsuitable will be deleted in line with GDPR.