If you have solid office Administration experience and ideally have supported a small construction business, then this Administrator job might be just for you.
As a small business with lots of contractors, there’s plenty of organising and pulling things together for the Office Manager and the wider team.
It’s a job that will keep you busy and before you know it the day will be over… but the variety and constant priority changes are something that you have to be used to and comfortable with.
With this in mind, it’s really important that being organised, IT literate and experienced working in a busy admin role is familiar ground to you, and you are able to get to grips with the intricacies of administration in a construction environment.
This is a great opportunity to work within a small company that has a very low staff turnover, a lovely professional, but down to earth family feel about it and where you will be supported and stable.
There are not huge opportunities for climbing the ladder here so if that is what you want from a role, this one might not be for you. The company will develop you but as they have quite a flat structure, it’s not got the level of promotional opportunities that are sometimes sought after.
The role has come about due to the continued growth of the company and the reputation they have amongst their client base and wider community.
This company is well established, heavily accredited and is going from strength to strength, hence the need for a right-hand person to the existing team of 3 in the Admin department to help them align their service delivery.
Main duties to include:
- Full range of administration support to the office Manager and wider team
- Answering and directing incoming calls
- Meeting and greeting visitors on occasion
- Raising jobs on the system (training given) from internal and external sources
- Administrative support for Accounts
- Administrative support for HR
- Monitoring paperwork on jobs, progress, issues, and times
- Working to deadlines both internally and externally
- Keeping systems up to date at all times including Xero and using MS excel
- General office duties
We are looking for:
- Solid Administrative experience (ideally within construction/ electrical/building industry)
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
- Confident using MS word, excel and outlook, with the ability to find your way around new systems reasonably quickly
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Happy to undertake a variety of tasks as typically needed in a small business as well as General office admin work (including answering the office phones when needed)
- Flexibility to crack on with a variety of administrative duties in a small team
- Personable, easy to get along with, comfortable using own initiative to get things done
- Someone who is happy to be office based (hybrid not available)
In return you can expect:
- Salary: £24k increasing to £25k after probation
- Hours: 9-4.30pm Mon-Thu and 8.30-4pm Fri (35 hours per week)
- Holidays: 20 days stats (increasing to 24 days after 2 years up to a max of 30 days with length of service)
- Free parking
- Annual bonus (company performance based-not guaranteed)
- Stable company
- Friendly company
- Training and self-improvement support
If you are interested in this position, please contact Rachel on: 0161 359 3111 or email your CV using the link.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED