If you have solid Contracts Administration experience and ideally have worked within a construction construction/engineering business, then this job may well be of interest.
As a small business with lots of contractors, there’s plenty of organising and pulling things together for the Contracts Manager and wider team that needs to be done.
With this in mind, it’s really important that being organised, IT literate and experience working in a busy admin role is familiar ground to you, and you are able to get to grips with the intricacies of contract administration in a construction environment.
This is a great opportunity to work within a company that is happy to take on new ideas, new ways of working and give you the freedom to make this role you own and train you so that you can develop your skills further.
The role has come about due to the continued growth of the company and the reputation they have amongst their client base and wider community.
This company is going from strength to strength, hence the need for a right-hand person to the Contracts Manager to help them align their service delivery.
Main duties to include:
- Full range of administration support to the Contracts Managers
- Raising jobs on in house system (training given) from customers purchase orders
- Keeping Contract Manager informed if works need quotations
- Checking materials have been delivered and allocating engineers once confirmed
- Monitoring jobs, progress, issues and approving times
- Keeping the clients informed of progress/status with direction from Contracts Manager
- Invoicing completed jobs
- Organising return visits, labour and materials when required
- Uploading Job Packs and sending to clients
- Keeping systems up to date at all times
- General office duties
We are looking for:
- Solid Administrative experience (ideally within construction/electrical/engineering/building industry)
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
- Confident using MS word, excel and outlook, with the ability to find your way around new systems reasonably quickly
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Happy to undertake a variety of tasks as typically needed in a small business as well as General office admin work (including answering the office phones when needed)
- Comfortable working as the main administrator in a very small tea
In return you can expect:
- Salary: £27-£30k (dependant on experience)
- Hours: Either 9-5 or 8-4 (37.5 hrs) Monday to Friday (flexible start time)
- Holidays: 22 days +stats
- Stable company
- Training and self-improvement support
If you are interested in this position, please contact Rachel on: 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED