- Do you have solid accounts office experience?
- Do you enjoy working for a smaller company where you have a bigger part to play?
- Do you want to be more involved in various aspects of finance?
If so, this Finance Manager job may well be of interest.
As a small business with 50 staff, the majority of which are contractors, there is a lot of finance and accounts functions that need to be undertaken along with CIS obligations to support and document.
With this in mind, it’s important that this is familiar ground to you and you are able to understand the intricacies of supporting accounts in a construction environment with the day to day Finance and Administrative work.
Knowledge of reverse charge VAT is important too, although training may be given.
There is also a real need for you to be proficient using Xero accounts and are able to readily do accounts based tasks and be knowledgeable within a construction accounts environment.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a company that is happy to take on new ideas, new ways of working and give you the freedom to make this role you own.
Based local to Denton, this company is an ISO organisation, is working towards IIP and is going from strength to strength, hence the need for an experienced and hands on accounts/finance person to help them align their back office function with their front end service delivery.
There is an accounts admin support person to help with the day to day admin of the finance department, and an external management accountant, but ultimately it is the finance manager that will be responsible for ensuring systems and procedures are in place and timely processing of accounts is undertaken.
Main duties to include:
- Sales/Purchase ledger
- Credit control and aged debtor reporting
- Customer and supplier statement reconciliations
- Process expenses and credit cards
- Bank reconciliation
- Quarterly VAT returns
- CIS reporting and management of subcontractor payments
- Annual P11ds
- Month end and weekly journals
- Weekly accounts reporting to MD
- Monthly management accounts
- Reports to HMRC
- Financial accounts via Xero accounting software
- Management reporting and analysis
- General office duties
We are looking for:
- Experience in the building/construction industry in an accounts manager/accounting capacity is essential
- Ability to use Xero software
- CIS knowledge
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office, spreadsheets in particular
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills (phone and face to face)
- Happy to undertake a variety of tasks as typically needed in a small business as well as general office admin work
- Comfortable working in a small team
In return you can expect:
- Salary: £38-45k (dependent on experience)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Hours: Either 9-5 or 8-4 Monday to Friday (office based)
- Free parking
IMMEDIATE start for the right person.
If you are interested in this position please contact Rachel on: 0161 3593111 or email a copy of your CV using the link.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED