Are you a HR Manager looking for a fresh challenge and a role you can make your own?
Do you enjoy the pace and variety that working within an engineering/manufacturing environment brings?
If so, we have a role that might be just the one you’ve been waiting for.
Based in North Manchester, you’d be supporting a mid-sized precision engineering SME manufacturer with a shop floor staff contingent of around 60 people. The company is forward thinking and have a modern approach to industry 4.0 and have an established business and stable workforce.
This is a new role within the company and so you would be instrumental in the development of the HR systems and practices as well as defining company culture.
The business really needs a HR Manager that has visibility and can bring ideas on adding value to the business and its employees through engagement.
As it’s a new role, your knowledge and previous experience in a similar sized company is essential. As is your flexible approach to what needs to get done. You would be reporting to the Senior Management Team and responsible for all Human Resource duties.
It’s a great opportunity for the right person, although not one for the feint hearted. There are systems and procedures in place, but they need the hands-on expertise of a professional HR person who can hone them and deliver a more structured approach to running the HR function within the business.
What the role entails:
- Responsible for all Human Resource duties and operations across the business
- Develop, maintain and update HR documentation including Employee contracts and company handbook
- Full input into the further development of the HR module on the internal system
- Providing general advice and HR support (with the added back up, advice and support from Employment Law Advisors)
- Dealing with staff issues – time and attendance, monitoring, discipline triggers, disciplinary procedure (hearing, outcomes, warnings etc)
- Processing documentation and preparing reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.)
- Coordinating HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.)
- Working with the senior team on employee engagement and defining company culture (rewards, morale, team building, employee wellbeing and social events etc.)
- Managing the whole employment lifecycle from recruitment, onboarding, off boarding leavers, company induction, internal and external staff training
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a similar role supporting an SME manufacturing/engineering environment
- Ideally CIPD accredited (level 5 )
- Working knowledge of Human resources, employment law and legislation and how to apply it within an organisational setting
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate employees
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to build relationships with staff across all levels and manage people in a fair and compassionate manner
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring GDPR compliance
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) as excellent computer skills are essential
- Attention to detail and the ability to ‘get things done’
What we can offer in return:
- £38k – £44k salary dependant on experience
- 25 days holiday bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Loyalty scheme
- Mon-Fri 40 hours
- 4 x DIS Scheme
Immediate start available although we will wait for the right person too.
If you are ready for a new challenge and feel this company might fit what you have in mind, give me a call for a confidential chat about the role and your experience on 0161 359 3111 and ask for Sharon Seville or send your CV using the link.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED