An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Revit Architectural Technician to join this busy design team in Manchester. The company are leaders in their industry, designing and refurbishing offices for blue chip companies.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has been working in a similar role and has experience as a Revit architectural technician and is used to working on fast track projects. If you are more experienced with AutoCAD, this is OK so long as you are happy to be taught Revit and have previous experience in a similar role.
Experience with office interiors and structural fit outs would be highly advantageous but otherwise, a background in construction as an architectural technician is the main thing we need.
A ‘can do’ approach and background in commercial rather than residential is the ideal for this position.
Ultimately your role would be to produce high quality technical drawings in a fast-paced environment and to support site delivery teams on various construction projects.
Duties would include:
- Production of technical drawings using Revit for various construction projects
- Liaison in the production of a detailed drawing release schedule with the delivery team – ensuring that the dates for drawing production are met throughout the project
- Close liaison with the construction and site managers
- Production of supporting drawings for client changes as required
- Ensure formal sign off of drawings occurs for each and every construction issue
- Close liaison and regular communication with project designer to ensure ethos of design is met within technical drawings
- Manage drawings issue to all relevant suppliers and subcontractors
- Review drawing output with the delivery team against current live Design Release Schedules – highlighting areas of risk or delay
- Spend time on site from time to time – building relationships with the site managers and improving construction knowledge
What we are looking for is:
- Knowledge of commercial interiors and structural fit out
- Experience as architectural technician
- Proficient in the use of Revit and be able to produce technical drawings
- Ability to create comprehensive building control drawings and on-site surveys in a fast paced environment
- Some job running experience would be beneficial
- A keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated and able to manage own work load
- Team player who is willing to assist with other designs when needed
- Good working knowledge of Revit, Microsoft Office and Adobe creative packages
- ‘Can do’ attitude and ability to cope with sometimes tight deadlines
- Whilst this is an office based role, there will be a requirement to go to site approximately once a week or once a fortnight so a driver is preferred but not essential
In return you can expect:
- Circa £30-35k dependent on experience
- 20 days holiday + time off between Xmas/New Year + Bank Holidays (extra days accrued for length of service)
- 9am to 5.30pm Mon to Thurs with 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free Parking
- Pension contribution
- Stunning office environment
If you feel that this role fits what you want from your next job, we’d love to see your portfolio detailing your skills along with a copy of your CV. Feel free to give us a call if you need more detail 0161 359 3111 and ask for Rachel
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR UP TO DATE NEWSFEED